Is there any protection mechanism for a spamming dhcp client?

Jürgen Dietl juergen.dietl at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:44:25 UTC 2011

Hello Alfred,

thanx a lot. But I also have another problem. Even if the client get only 1
lease but this lease he got 590.000 times - he write a lot of lines in the
log. So the log got very big.

What I look for is that the server sees "ah this is the same mac and the
client has already an IPAdress that I gaive him 0.1 sec before, so I ignore
him". So a kind of intelligence :-)

have a nice day,
cheers,