bind mac address to ip pool?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 16:07:22 UTC 2010

Reissom Beshir wrote:

>>>But known/unknown wasn't sufficient for the OPs requirements.
>>>

>>Indeed. Unknown clients should not be allowed at all.
>
>Doesn't this do the same thing?

No - and BTW, you could make life a lot easier with some formatting !

Hard to read :
host squeeze {
hardware ethernet 00:16:36:65:73:c4;
ddns-hostname "squeeze";
option host-name "squeeze";
}

shared-network physicalnet1 {
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
pool {
deny unknown-clients;

Easier to read :
host squeeze {
   hardware ethernet 00:16:36:65:73:c4;
   ddns-hostname "squeeze";
   option host-name "squeeze";
}

shared-network physicalnet1 {
   subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
   pool {
     deny unknown-clients;

It might help if you read back to the beginning of the thread. The OP
wanted more than just allow/deny unknown clients - he wanted to split
allowed hosts into different pools as well.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...