bind mac address to ip pool?

Reissom Beshir Reissom_Beshir at Mitel.com
Tue Feb 9 15:28:31 UTC 2010

On 02/09/10, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> On 02/08/10 18:27, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> Reissom Beshir wrote:
>>
>>> You do not need virtual-host class/subclass to key on host statements
>>> in the pool statement.  The server considers host statements as
>>> known-clients.
>>
>> But known/unknown wasn't sufficient for the OPs requirements.
>>

> Indeed. Unknown clients should not be allowed at all.

Doesn't this do the same thing?

host squeeze {
hardware ethernet 00:16:36:65:73:c4;
ddns-hostname "squeeze";
option host-name "squeeze";
}

shared-network physicalnet1 {
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
pool {
deny unknown-clients;
deny known-clients;    # was:  deny members of "virtual-host";
failover peer "dhcp-failover";
range 192.168.1.231 192.168.1.254;
}
pool {
allow known-clients;   # was: allow members of "virtual-host";
# the rest is denied automagically
failover peer "dhcp-failover";
ddns-domainname "dyn.mydomain.de";
range 192.168.1.140 192.168.1.189;
}
}
}

Is the fist pool doing anything now?
You used to have allow "real-host" in there.
If so, I gather the pool statment would be:

pool {
allow members of "real-host";
failover peer "dhcp-failover";
range 192.168.1.231 192.168.1.254;