bind mac address to ip pool?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 09:22:30 UTC 2010

Harald Dunkel wrote:

>For subnetting within a single physical network and to keep
>the DDNS stuff for virtual hosts separate from the rest of
>the configuration I have to bind known mac addresses to
>different IP pools. But it doesn't work. dhcpd keeps on
>telling me
>
>	WARNING: Host declarations are global.
>	They are not limited to the scope you declared
>	them in.

See man dhcpd.conf and look at the section (and example) on classes
and subclasses. Define a class for each pool, add a subclass to
assign clients to classes, and then add 'allow "someclassname" ;' to
each pool (where someclassname is replaced with the appropriate class
name).

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon
part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a
dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the
printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd
be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of
support for years.
Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image
their hard disk ...