ipv6 ddns dhcp-4.1.1rc1

Lorenz Röhrl sheepshit at gmx.de
Mon Feb 1 18:48:21 UTC 2010

On Friday 29 January 2010 21:31:33 you wrote:
> If a "zone" statement is not provided that explicitly provides an
> over-ride, dhcpd will query the global DNS for an SOA and use the
> MNAME field to designate the zone's master to direct updates towards.
>
> In the general case, this works fine.  It breaks down, however, when
> you specify a domain name that does not exist in the global namespace,
> such as;
>
> > ddns-domainname "test6.net";
>
> Or if your domain has a mis-configured SOA (that does not identify
> the true master in the MNAME field).
>
> In either case you must specify a zone "" {} stanza to identify the
> master.  I believe this is exampled in the dhcpd.conf(5) manpage (the
> section titled "DYNAMIC DNS UPDATE SECURITY") explicitly.

Thanks for that clarification.

However adding a primary-Statement with an IPv6-Adress doesn't work:
etc/dhcpd.conf line 18: expecting semicolon.
         primary fd23:

The corresponding config:
zone test6.net. {
         primary fd23:2323:2424::53;
       }

If i put in the fqdn instead of the IP-Address, dhcpd will start. But when it
actually should update the dns-record:
dns.test6.net: no A record associated with address Unable to add forward map
from abcde.test6.net to fd23:2323:2424::40: connection refused

After adding IPv4-Adresses and an A-record for dns.test6.net everything works
just fine. So this is a bug?

Thanks
Lorenz