Migrating config from split-pool to failover

j.vaningenschenau at utwente.nl j.vaningenschenau at utwente.nl
Mon Feb 1 12:13:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

We're slowly moving towards using dhcp failover on our subnets. We've
been running split pool configs for ages but failover seems easier to
maintain and less error prone.

At the moment, we configure failover for new subnets, but all existing
subnets are still split between two servers. Is there a way to change
these to failover while all clients keep valid leases, ie without using
temporary addresses?

btw, still running dhcpd 3.0, will be moving to a newer release in a few
months (long overdue...)

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands