DHCPD Stopping

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Mar 20 17:59:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:21:49AM +0000, Dean, Barry wrote:
> e1000g0 being the interface on the DHCP server (a Sun X4200).

This is a known bug in DLPI sources, trying to transmit one packet
via the "raw" interface causes the DLPI interface to stop becoming
active when a packet is received.  It is essentially a bug because
we're trying to transmit a packet sourced from a bogus MAC address.

We're cooking a maintenance beta right with a fix, I hoped to have it
ready today, and next week is IETF...