agent.circuit-id not in dhcpd.leases file

Jessica Meyer jessmeyer82 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:29:15 UTC 2009

Hi

Whenever our DHCP server (version 4.0.1) acknowledges leases, it does
not store the agent.circuit-id (part of option 82) in the dhcpd.leases
file. I am sure that the option is sent by the relay, I have sniffed
the dhcp traffic and it shows up in wireshark.

Is there anything I have to do to enable that? Currently, entries in
my dhcpd.leases file look like:

lease 10.0.0.31 {
  starts 4 2009/03/19 16:09:37;
  ends 4 2009/03/19 16:19:37;
  tstp 4 2009/03/19 16:19:37;
  cltt 4 2009/03/19 16:09:37;
  binding state free;
  hardware ethernet xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;
  uid "\001\000\340o\247E~";
}

I know it's possible and I've seen some examples on the internet, I'm
just wondering why my DHCPD does not put them in the lease file.

regards,
Jess