Thoughts on dhcp-client automatically determining the hostname?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Mar 16 17:08:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:05:13PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Does ISC accept patches?

YES.  But we've been around the mill on this one, and I'm leaning back
towards adopting a patch we already have, to send the hostname and
FQDN by default (unless one has been configured).

My only concern with that patch is the potential security issue
(potentially identifying information), but no one I've spoken to seems
greatly concerned by that other than me.