Thoughts on dhcp-client automatically determining the hostname?

Chris Wilson chris+dhcp at aptivate.org
Mon Mar 16 13:05:13 UTC 2009

Hi all,

May I revive this 14-month old thread:

  https://lists.isc.org/mailman/htdig/dhcp-users/2008-January/005505.html

to add my voice to those asking for dhclient to be able to automatically
determine the hostname? This would be an extremely useful default for
distros to be able to have. I would really like to ask Ubuntu to do this
by default, but clearly in the current state of affairs that is not
practical.

Does ISC accept patches?

Cheers, Chris.

(ps. please CC: me on any replies as I may unsubscribe from this list)
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.