OMAPI/omshell: Possible to create a lease?

Sam Hayes Merritt, III sam at themerritts.org
Tue Jul 21 18:55:32 UTC 2009

> Okay, found it, couldn't compile it. But still my question: Is it
> possible to create "fake" leases with OMAPI? Or what would be the best
> way to do this?

Everything that I've ever seen says no. You can use OMAPI to change the
status of a lease but not to create one say to reserve it. I would like to
be proven, it would make it simpler. What we're doing is a supplementary
statics.conf file that we build from a database and restart dhcpd when its
updated.

sam