Where does DHCPD store its backup of the dhcpd.leases file?

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Mon Jul 20 16:48:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 01:04:36PM +0200, Jessica Meyer wrote:
> Hmm. Can't I tell DHCPd not to remove leases which are not in a range?
> I think that would solve my problem. Or, what also would solve my
> problem would be to configure Leasequery so that it also looks up
> information in the dhcpd.conf file - so that if there's a host entry
> with fixed-address, leasequery returns a LEASEACTIVE with the fixed ip
> address and mac address of the host.

Supporting host records with fixed addresses in LEASEQUERY would be
good, but isn't a priority for us right now.  It wasn't done in the
initial implementation of our LEASEQUERY support because the host
records aren't organized in a way that it would be scalable.

It's not impossible to create an organization for fixed-address host
records (so it can do efficient lookups by broadcast domain or by
single ip address), but it's a bit more work than we could do in the
initial support (which if I remember correctly was mostly a submitted
patch).