[SPAM]

D.J. O'Berry doberry at zcorum.com
Thu Jul 16 13:07:32 UTC 2009

Wei Wei,

Yes, the dhcp server can give out option 82 information if you configure
the dhcpd.conf file to get this information. However, your access device
will need to support this option as well in order for it to work properly.

I don't have an example to give you currently as I am not in a position
to grab a copy of my dhcpd.conf currently to give an accurate example,
but I will try to get that for you if no one else in the list does first.

WeiWei wrote:
> Hi there,
> As I noticed that the dhcpd only gives out the IP address assigned to
> certain MAC address in the log file, is it possible for the dhcp
> server gives out more detailed log information? If we can get the
> option 82 information in the log file, it will be great and in fact
> necessary for we need that information in case we need to trace the
> customer from the log.
>
> Best,
>
> Wei Wei

D.J. O'Berry