dhcp client id doubts

gopi krishna gopi.puligundla at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 06:17:15 UTC 2009

Hi all ,

I have few doubts on dhcpcd . would some one please clarify my doubts.

1) I found option 50 for  requesting for a specific ip addresss.I am
currently using dhcpcd-1.3.22-pl4 .any one has idea how to send the ip
address.

2) I came to know that bootp servers and some dhcp servers  won't support
clientID option. could some one list what are all servers support clientid
option,

3) if we use clientid in dhcpclient , I have one doubt like , let us say we
have two redundant servers and only one will be active at a time ,
    I thought of invoking  dhcpclient with client id option on active, when
active goes down , standby comes up invoking dhcpclient with same clientid .
    will it get the same ip address as that of active card ?

your suggestion would be very helpful

Thanks
Gopi Krishna P