yet another question about partner down

Brian Johnson voyager.106 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:42:27 UTC 2009

Glenn,

Thanks so much for pointing me to includes/failover.h. This is the first
I've seen of it in my searching of the tubes.

I'd actually pulled '1' from 'man dhcpd', which has this list:

local-state integer examine, modify
            Indicates the present state of the DHCP server in this failover
relationship.   Possible values for state are:

                 1  - partner down
                 2  - normal
                 3  - communications interrupted
                 4  - resolution interrupted
                 5  - potential conflict
                 6  - recover
                 7  - recover done
                 8  - shutdown
                 9  - paused
                 10 - startup
                 11 - recover wait

The Release notes for "changes since 3.1.1" (we're running 3.1.1)  says "
Corrected list of failover state values in dhcpd man page." which is what
burned me. I'll :%s/1/4 and give it another go. Thanks for the help!

Brian