yet another question about partner down

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Jul 2 03:11:53 UTC 2009

Hi Brian,

I think you need local-state set to 4 for partner-down, 1 *is* startup,
so your script is doing what you told it to do.

This is taken from includes/failover.h

/* A failover peer's running state. */
enum failover_state {
        unknown_state                   =  0, /* XXX: Not a standard state. */
        startup                         =  1,
        normal                          =  2,
        communications_interrupted      =  3,
        partner_down                    =  4,