Multiple subnets with relays

David McKen david.mcken at mail.tt
Mon Jan 19 13:17:28 UTC 2009

If you have multiple shared-subnet definitions the DHCP server looks at
the relay agent's ip and matches it up with one of the subnet
definitions, once that is done then all subnets under that shared-subnet
definition become valid for that request and normal "full-pool"
mechanics take effect.

That is my understanding of the matter, thus far have a network of 10+
shared network definitions and this works great.