LDAP Patch

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Aug 4 00:41:22 UTC 2009

The way I do this is to make use of the "include" statement.

In the main dhcpd.conf add a line:

include "/etc/dhcpd_hosts.conf"

Then create a subdirectory, eg /etc/dhcpd/hosts

Your update procedure creates a new little file for each host in
that dorectory containing

host "aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" {
hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
fixed-address ...
other options ...
}

As each file is unique to a single host there should not be any clashes.

The host label should be based on the mac address, or something that is
going to be unique across all your hosts.

Now you write a script, something like, that will contain a list of all
the little hosts files to be included:

if [ ! -f /tmp/lockfile ]; then
	touch /tmp/lockfile
	for h in /etc/dhcpd/hosts/*; do
		echo "include \"$h\";"
	done > /etc/dhcpd_hosts.conf
	dhcpd -t /etc/dhcpd.conf
	if [ $? = 0 ]; then
		restart dhcpd
	fi
	rm -f /tmp/lockfile
fi

dhcpd -t tests for valid syntax.

The advantages of this, is that your script is very simple and doesn't
have to deal with arbitrary dhcpd.conf configuration details.

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell     mailto:glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au | I telephoned the