Option 82 fast change

Marc Perea marccp at srttel.com
Thu Sep 11 13:54:46 UTC 2008

Hi Colin,
It sounds like I'm doing the exact same thing as you.

I too would like to see an answer or recommendation to this. I tried using omshell/omapi, but couldn't expire a lease early.

What we've done is script a process that terminates dhcpd, goes in and looks for the lease (we know the IP which is on the first line of the lease because of a separate database that tracks the customer to option 82 circuit to "static" IP), deletes all lines from the IP to the closing curly bracket, and then restarts dhcpd. This script is called from a webpage with parameters supplied by our support team.

This method is working for us at the moment, but I'm not sure it's the best method, or if it will scale well. As far as I know, this is the only method that'll get the job done.