dhcp status apps

Claus Holm Christensen iscdhcp at claushc.dk
Fri Jan 4 21:34:27 UTC 2008

J E skrev:
> Can anyone give some recommendations for other products that may have
> similar, or even better features than dhcpstatus?

Take a look at DHCPd-pools: <http://dhcpd-pools.sourceforge.net/>. It's
very fast like the authors claims, and I have found the overview to be
very useful on my network (small ISP with 25K IP-addresses leased out).

One of the tools mentioned is dhcpd-snmp:
<http://www.net-track.ch/opensource/dhcpd-snmp/>, and with it you can
create some very useful Cacti graphs of the usage over time (as
described here: <http://forums.cacti.net/about14345.html> and on the
website).

Personally, I'm using DHCPd-pools today, but I want those Cacti-graphs.
Unfortunately DHCPd-snmp is extremely slow to calculate the usage when
compared to DHCPd-pools. Does anyone know the reason, other than Perl
being a slow language compared to C?

--
Claus Holm Christensen