tuning for maximum dhcp performance

Brian Raaen braaen at zcorum.com
Fri Apr 25 19:00:34 UTC 2008

I'll have to dig through my bookmarks, but I did some research on filesystems
a little while back.  Ext3 would be the worst for speed.  I know that reiser
in know for high speed on small files, but forget about internal changes on
an existing file.  XFS does hold some changes to RAM before committing them
to the drive, but the impact of that seems minimal in your case.  Each system
has its trade offs, and personally I like XFS (for an audio file server) and
JFS for some of my uses.  I'll dig up my bookmarks when I can and forward the
links to you.  Sorry about not seeing the part that you had tried a
ramdisk... brain dump.  If I recall though JFS was the best for constantly
changing files.

--
Brian Raaen
Network Engineer