Clean

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Apr 16 20:25:53 UTC 2008

On 16 Apr 2008, at 18:36, David W. Hankins wrote:
> seems like a strange thing to include for human convenience.

	Makes sense to me. 8-)

> huh, i can't seem to find this in the manpages, so we should fix that.
> i was going to quote them, but it seems like we didn't write any.

	It's there, under 'THE LEASE DECLARATION' (dhcp.leases(5))

        weekday year/month/day hour:minute:second

        The weekday is present to make it easy for a human to tell
when a lease
        expires - it’s specified as a number from zero to six, with
zero  being
        Sunday.   The  day  of week is ignored on input.  The year is
specified
        with the century, so it should generally  be  four  digits
except  for
        really long leases.  The month is specified as a number
starting with 1
        for January.  The day of the month is likewise specified
starting  with
        1.   The hour is a number between 0 and 23, the minute a
number between
        0 and 59, and the second also a number between 0 and 59.

joe(user)9: dhcpd -v 2>&1 | head
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.1.0
Copyright 2004-2007 Internet Systems Consortium.All rights reserved.

	/Niall