how can i use dhcp option 43 with Access Points?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Jun 6 20:40:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:10:27PM +0000, Tomas Eduardo Lotina Ramos wrote:
> I'm trying to specify dhcp option 43 in order for my access points to be
> able to find in the DHCP server their own ip pools, coz i want DHCP to
> recognize which AP is requesting ip and depend of the AP is the pool
> of ips im goona use. I'm just wondering how Ispecify this in the
> dhcp.conf file? Im using DHCP 3.03 and Linksys wap54gAny help is appreciated.Thank you so muchEduardo

The "man dhcp-options" page distributed with the software has a
section titled "VENDOR ENCAPSULATED OPTIONS".  There are some
examples in there, but you'll have to tailor it to match your
vendor's documentation.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
				 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/