vista, dns woes ?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 19:40:45 UTC 2007

James Clark Calloway wrote:
>It was a global option.
>
>We relied on the unknown classification to get
>the dns server defined for the unknown pool.
>
>In that same subnet we have some known devices
>that get the "good" dns servers. It's only if you
>are unknown that you get into the dynamic pool
>and thats where the "bad" dns servers are defined.

I suspect that may be the problem - the DHCP server not looking at
the known/unknown pool options and so the clients get either the
subnet or globally defined option.

I suspect that if you configure the walled garden dns servers as the
subnet option then you'll see clients in the known pool getting bad
dns servers in response to dhcp informs. Might be worth a try and see
what happens.