dhcpd event interaction

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Feb 12 19:30:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:10:04PM +0100, Jon Otterholm wrote:
> We are working on a daemon (written in C) that are going to react to
> dhcp lease/expire events. Are there any predefined ways to subbscribe to
> a client lease/expire event?

There are "on (event)" configuration parameters.  These have been
used by some folks to register syslog messages on certain events.

In 3.1.0 (still in Alpha), an execute() function was added, which
could be used to run a shell script.

According to recent traffic on the mailing list, there are probably
still a few problems with that approach.

> Alternatively, are there any equivalent ways to acquire the same
> function via OMAPI by using a callback function, for example?

Not that I'm aware of.