DNS Update failing on AAAA

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Wed Oct 18 19:43:48 UTC 2006

> This looks normal enough but there isn't an 'A' record, there is a
> 'AAAA'.  Could the AAAA be meeting the requirement of the lookup and
> causing the insertion of an A to fail ?

Having deleted the AAAA record, the update now works.  I would say that
this behaviour is incorrect.  The presence of an IPv6 resource should
not impact the behaviour of an IPv4 service. Or am I missing something
here. We are using bind-9.2.5-3 and dhcpd v3.0.4 on an FC3 system.

--
 .*.  | Glen Eustace, Infrastructure Development Engineer
 /V\  | Information Technology Services PN460, Turitea,