"peer holds all free leases" message

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Oct 3 16:42:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:37:58PM -0700, Kirsten Petersen wrote:
> We push frequent changes to the dhcp servers, and reboot them whenever
> something changes, which can be as often as every 5 minutes.  Is this a
> Bad Idea?  Could this be what causes the servers to get out of sync?  If
> so, I guess we'll have to rethink our design...

There's a fix in for 3.0.5rc3 that might alleviate some of these
symptoms, but it's really hard to tell...I have no idea what
exactly is happening on your network.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.