dhcpd 3.0.1 stops responding to requests

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed May 24 11:43:39 UTC 2006

Is the time synchronised on your two dhcp servers? For failover I think
they need to be within 1 minute of each other, but using ntp or
something similar to keep them really close is a better idea.

I don't recall if you mentioned the last message that was logged by
each dhcp server. Also if you still have a copy of the dhcpd.leases
file from when running failover to see what each server thought the
failover state was. Might be a clue there too...

regards,
-glenn