dhcp failover

Luis Ramirez lramirez at avantel.com.mx
Wed Jul 5 14:47:58 UTC 2006

I did the same, but my scripts did backed up leases data base and configuration file. We have run into some fail over situations and backing up the lease file has work very fine.

I could not configure ISC DHCP internal failover and developed my external failover with scripts. I used "ksh" as scripting engine and "ftp" to transfer the file on a pair of AIX servers.

I any one would like to take a look at my scripts you are welcome to ask for them. I haven't post them on any site, but I can try to post them on one if any one has a suggestion.

  Regards
Luis E. Ramírez Velarde
A toda marcha en el siglo XXI
- -- --- .-. / ..-. . .-.. .. -.-. .. -.. .- -..
|        AVANTEL PREMIO NACIONAL DE TECNOLOGÍA 2005        |
| mailto:lramirez at avantel.com.mx                           |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------+
| Consultor Técnico Ingeniería   | Ingeniería de Productos |
| Avantel, S.A.             Tel. | (81) 8221-3292          |
|                          vnet: | 273-3292                |
| "Computers are like air conditioners: They stop working  |
|             properly when you open Windows"              |
*** CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION OF AVANTEL. DO
NOT DISCLOSE OR DISSEMINATE EXCEPT WITHIN AVANTEL ON A STRICT
NEED TO KNOW BASIS ***

*** LA INFORMACIÓN CONTENIDA EN ESTE CORREO ES CONFIDENCIAL
PARA USO EXCLUSIVO DE AVANTEL. NO DEBE DE SER COMUNICADA O
DISTRIBUIDA EXCEPTO DENTRO DE AVANTEL BAJO LA BASE DE LA
NECESIDAD DE SU CONOCIMIENTO PARA USO LABORAL ***