bind9 (9.18.14) build / install on macOS Ventura (13.3.1) fails to create dirs or files as expected

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Tue May 9 20:57:47 UTC 2023

Hello.
By far the simplest way to install BIND natively on Mac is to use the
Homebrew package manager. I have 9.18.14 installed on mine and it works
fine.
The other alternative is to run it from the Docker image. See here for
details: https://hub.docker.com/r/internetsystemsconsortium/bind9

Hope that helps.
Greg