Change records in DNS slave if master is offline

Richard Doty richard.a.doty at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 13:12:09 UTC 2021

Having text files makes editing easier, but you still want to keep the
slaves the same - making the identical edit multiple times is some work,
but may not actually happen depending on circumstances (people make
mistakes)

I like to make all the servers 'masters' - so whoever has the highest
serial number wins.  Then if you update one slave, it is automatically
synced to the others.  This might conflict with however you populate your
true master.