Upgrading from BIND 9.14.9 to 9.16.3

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Wed May 27 16:06:12 UTC 2020

Jim,

I did reply to you on the issue you created, I’ll copy it here for clarity:

> You should evaluate the contents of config.log file for proper diagnostics.
>
> That said, you are most probably missing pkg-config configuration, try setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to a directory where libuv.pc resides.
>
> pkg-config --list-all should list libuv.

e.g. try

$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
$ pkg-config --list-all | grep libuv

It should say something like this:

libuv                     libuv - multi-platform support library with a focus on asynchronous I/O.

If that doesn’t work, you really need to look into config.log, it has all or most of the information needed to properly debug the issue.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý
ondrej at isc.org