Upgrading from BIND 9.14.9 to 9.16.3

DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) james.j.decaro3.civ at mail.mil
Wed May 27 15:57:46 UTC 2020

Solaris Unix x86 64 bit VM on VMware

I discovered a new dependency: libuv.  libuv also has dependencies: automake  m4   libtool   autoconf.  I installed the dependencies, then tried installing various versions of libuv using sh autogen.sh -- then ./configure - make - make check - make install to install libuv.  Back to installing BIND 9.16.3: ./configure   > received an error: 'configure: error: libuv not found'.  I had tried installing libuv 1.0.0.  1.38.0. and 1.9.1  --same result.
libuv files are present in:

$ find / -name libuv* -print
/usr/local/lib/libuv.so
/usr/local/lib/libuv.la
/usr/local/lib/libuv.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libuv.a
/usr/local/lib/libuv.so.1.0.0
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libuv.pc
/usr/include/sys/libuvfs_ki.h
/usr/include/libuvfs.h
/usr/lib/amd64/libuvfs.so
/usr/lib/amd64/libuvfs.so.1

I am not clear how to fix this--seems like the ./configure command needs an option to discover libuv but I am not sure.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jim