install issue with bionic packaging -- bind9/bionic 1:9.16.3-1+ubuntu18.04.1+isc+2

Marcel de Riedmatten mdr at dotforge.ch
Wed May 20 11:29:23 UTC 2020

Le mercredi 20 mai 2020 à 12:42 +0200, Ondřej Surý a écrit :
> Hi Marcel,

> Let me try if I can tweak the dependencies, so I can build with a
> default set
> of dependencies. Meanwhile you can add bionic-backports to your apt
> sources.list
> to solve the missing dependency.

yes it works now:

1) add bionic-backports
2) apt update
3) apt install -t bionic-backports  init-system-helpers
#   1.56 is installed
4) business as usual

As a user i am very happy with that. Thanks for all your involvement. I
wouldn't be hurt if you had better things to do than to fight a
packaging infrastructure.

--
Marcel de Riedmatten