install issue with bionic packaging -- bind9/bionic 1:9.16.3-1+ubuntu18.04.1+isc+2

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Wed May 20 10:42:14 UTC 2020

Hi Marcel,

this is unfortunately side-effect of how the PPA is provided.  The bind9
package needs debhelper 10 to build, but for Ubuntu Xenial, the debhelper
>= 10 is provided only in xenial-backports.

Unfortunately, the PPA has only one „knob“ that either enables backports
for all Ubuntu releases or none, which in turn leads to bionic-backports
to be enabled which pulls newer build toolchain which in turn adds dependency
on init-system-helpers >= 1.54.

Let me try if I can tweak the dependencies, so I can build with a default set
of dependencies. Meanwhile you can add bionic-backports to your apt sources.list
to solve the missing dependency.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý