Query Regarding AKAMAI Working Model

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 19:34:04 UTC 2012

Hi, Gaurav--

On Feb 17, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Gaurav kansal wrote:
> I want to know how AKAMAI works????

They work well.  :-)

> May be this is not the right forum to ask but I am asking this here because AKAMAI heavily depend on its HL-DNS and LL-DNS  AND these DNS Servers answer the query based on some input it gets from BGP Routes.

They've got a fair amount of documentation publicly available describing their CDN network, pushing updates from origin to their Edge servers, Akamai'zed URL format, determining which Edge servers should be returned for a client request, based on geo location, network location, availability and throughput, failover, and so forth.

  http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/products/index.html

It's not completely off-topic, but you'd likely do better to ask them directly if you need more info.

Regards,
--
-Chuck