Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Nov 25 08:14:38 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 20:10, Loganathan Thirukkumaran wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have our slave servers running compiled Bind 9.6.1-P3 on CentOS 5.4.
>
> Can I upgrade to 9.8.1-P1 directly from the current version 9.6.1-P3?
> Or It has to be on the same 9.6.ESV-R5-P1 latest version?

Should be Ok unless you're doing something wacky in your zones. The way
to be sure of course is to set up 9.8 on a scratch system and attempt to
load your existing config and all the zones.

>  Master is in internal running on Bind 9.2.1,

You want to update this one as well. I know that the theory is that it's
"hidden," but the first time an attacker finds it, it's going to get 0wn3d.

hth,

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."