No subject

Loganathan Thirukkumaran lthirukkumaran at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 04:10:13 UTC 2011

Hello All,

We have our slave servers running compiled Bind 9.6.1-P3 on CentOS 5.4.

Can I upgrade to 9.8.1-P1 directly from the current version 9.6.1-P3?  Or It has to be on the same 9.6.ESV-R5-P1 latest version?

 Master is in internal running on Bind 9.2.1, doing only pusing the config/zones to slaves. With the current setup we don't face any problem to push the config/zones from master to slaves. Plan to upgrade slaves first to patch for eve-2011-4313 as they are in public and doing both authoritative and recursive.Will it create any problem if i patch the slaves to latest version?

FYI, We are not using dnssec currently.

Thanks in advance

Thiru