BIND Statistics is required

Mats Dufberg dufberg at telia.net
Mon Jun 27 11:41:34 UTC 2011

Parashar Singh skrev 2011-06-27 11:29:

> Upon running command #rndc stats   , its showing  rndc: 'stats' failed:
> permission denied.
> Can you suggest some solution of how to do this.

Can you run "rndc reload" successfully? Else make sure that the user
running rndc has the right to do that. If you can run "rndc reload" go
to next step.

I assume that your bind (named) runs as user named or user bind or some
other non-root user. Make sure that the directory that the stats is
written to alos is owned and writable by the user running bind/named.

Mats