BIND on CentOS: Nameservers for two domains

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 23:09:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 20:30, Kevin Darcy <kcd at chrysler.com> wrote:
> About the only _generic_ advice I can give you -- since you obscured the
> domain names and the relevant addresses, so I can't actually check anything
> on my own -- is to query the .eu servers directly for the delegation
> records. It's possible that what you see in their "control panel" doesn't
> match what's in the actual DNS, and what's in the actual DNS *matters*, as
> opposed to whatever crap displays or doesn't display in their "control
> panel".

Do you mean to check with dig? whois? Something else?

> I've seen a lot of breakage in registrar "control panels" over the
> years, so this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Really? I've been buying domain names for over 10 years, I've never
had an issue like that which you imply. Which registrar? I usually use
Fabulous or EuroDNS. Thanks for the info, I will keep my eyes open.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com