Host-level forwarding override

Jan Ceuleers janspam.ceuleers at skynet.be
Sat Oct 14 12:12:17 UTC 2006

Barry Margolin wrote:
> Create a master zone for proxy.foo.tld instead of foo.tld.

Barry,

Unfortunately the proxy servers are named something like
proxy{12}.foo.tld (i.e. not proxy{12}.proxy.foo.tld). Correct me if I'm
wrong, but I don't think I can create master zones proxy1.foo.tld and
proxy2.foo.tld and have queries to these resolve as if they were
hostnames, or can I?

For the avoidance of doubt, what I want to do is locally resolve queries
for proxy1.foo.tld and proxy2.foo.tld, but forward queries for
anyotherhostname.foo.tld to the foo.tld name servers.

Thanks, Jan