DNS-Answers didn't leave the system

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Fri May 5 14:16:32 UTC 2006

Thank you for your hints.

I don't think, the syslog is the source of my problems because I don't log
to syslog, instead I log directly into a file. (it's faster than using
syslog, at least during my tests)

Of course there could be a problem with the file-locking if all
named-threads try to write to the logfile, but I don't believe that this
causes my problems because my problems doesn't occure when there were more
logmessages than usual. I couldn't establish any correlation between the
load (or the amount of messages) and the lost DNS-answers.
Anyway, I will have a look and examine the file-locking for any errormessage
from the kernel.