SDB Backend for Bind

Richard Reece (Webmaster) rreece at socamail.com
Mon Aug 21 23:18:50 UTC 2006

I started looking at that one, then I found PowerDNS. It uses MySQL, ODBC,
etc. and will also use the normal flat text named.conf/zone records. Also,
if your PowerDNS servers fail to connect to the database, it can failover
to the local flat text files. There are a couple nice web-based
administrators as well:

http://www.powerdns.com/

It's is easy to compile and use and good documentation.

You also can find some web administrators freely available at SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=powerdns

At 12:13 PM 8/21/2006 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>is this the preferred SDB backend for bind?
>http://bind-dlz.sourceforge.net/
>
>I'm searching for a good backend to store zone in mysql
>
>Mit freundlichem Gruss,
>
>Dirk Laurenz
>Systems Engineer
>S DE SE PS N/O