DNS zone to host only certain records & forward other requests to other DNS Servers.

Manjunath H N Manjunath.hn at mphasis.com
Wed Aug 9 14:34:09 UTC 2006

I am looking for a solution in DNS on name resolution.

I thought my original mail was quite ambiguous, I will explain in
detail.

The end users need to access www.webserver.partner.com, I can create a
Primary zone partner.com on my DNS server, but this server has many
links which point to other Public IP's, when users click on these links,
the browser says page cannot be found, because the clients will try to
resolve this using our DNS server.

If I put a zone called webserver.partner.com & create a record for that
Web Server, will all DNS queries for partner.com also be passed to our
Internal DNS server which is hosting that zone.

In short I want www.webserver.partner.com to be resolved by our Internal
DNS server & all other DNS queries to partner.com to be resolved by
External DNS. Is this possible ?

Thanks
Manjunath H N | Project Manager | M P H A S I S Architecting Value | IT
SERVICES
# 139/1, Aditya Complex, Hosur Road, Kormangala, Bangalore 560 095 |
Tel: +91-80- 25522713/714, Extn: 1012, ( Direct Line ) : +91-80-25523816
| Mobile: 9880932553 | Fax: +91-80- 2552 2719 | http://www.mphasis.com
Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/ or
its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has
been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that
any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at
mailmaster at mphasis.com <mailto:mailmaster at mphasis.com> and delete this
mail from your records.