Mail relay problem.

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Sat Oct 19 11:42:02 UTC 2002

--On 15. oktober 2002 11:24 -0400 Peter Lingmen <plingmen at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I administrer an internal DNS and sendmail server for a company.  A couple
> of people internally are trying to send mail to transcontinental.ca
> without success.  Any workstation internal to our network cannot resolve
> that domain.  Yet externally I've been told it works no problem.

Could it be that your site somehow can't reach the nameservers for
transcontinental.ca? It looks like they have both their nameservers on the
same subnet, which is just stupid:

NS1-Hostname:   pluton.transcontinental.ca
NS1-Netaddress: 207.107.246.34
NS2-Hostname:   andromede.transcontinental.ca
NS2-Netaddress: 207.107.246.35

--
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no