BIND 9.1.3 problem

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Thu Aug 29 22:03:08 UTC 2002

Veeraraju_Mareddi <rajuveera at satyam.com> wrote:

> Dear All,

> Can any body Tell me What is the following error for ? and How to Solve this
> problem

> Service is stopped suddenly. Log file Content is given below

>> Aug 29 13:32:13 satindia /usr/local/sbin/named[27646]:
>> message.c:782:REQUIRE(*rdataset == 0) failed
>>
>        Aug 29 13:32:13 satindia /usr/local/sbin/named[27646]: exiting (due
> to assertion failure)

Some coincidence ! In one of my machines i have been running a bind-9.1.1
and it has been used as caching-only server for 182 days. Today i got the :

Aug 28 10:32:15 mbox named[93434]: message.c:782: REQUIRE(*rdataset == 0) failed
Aug 28 10:32:15 mbox named[93434]: exiting (due to assertion failure)
Aug 28 10:32:16 mbox /kernel: pid 93434 (named), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

And the cure is to upgrade. The only reason i have not upgraded ( aside from my
lazyness ) is some curiosity to see how long it will continue to run
without problems. Now i know.

bind-9.2.1 next.

> Thank you.

> With Regards
> Rajuveera

> PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
> distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
> STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
> is appreciated.

Peter Håkanson