Secondary.com

bind at col7.metta.lk bind at col7.metta.lk
Thu Aug 29 11:24:01 UTC 2002

Dear bind members.

I run RH 6.0, bind 8.3.3 and have setup my server dhamma.metta.lk to be
primary for the domains "metta.lk"and "bps.lk"

primary dns is: dhamma.metta.lk
secondary dns is "ns1.secondary.com", "ns2.secondary.com"
my earlier secondary dns was "tradenetsl.lk" (203.115.29.134)
I have informed www.NIC.lk of the change
and the update will likely take a few days to be recognized.

I have gone to www.secondary.com and set up an account for that server
to act as secondary for my domain.
I find that "secondary.com" cannot draw the zone from my server.

My dns is behind a firewall and I have asked the administrator
to open port 53 both in and out. I get confirmation that this is done.

I suspect a firewall problem as I cannot use www.domtools.com/dlint/
with the present settings in the firewall.

If I set the firewall to be full open for 203.115.29.130 (metta.lk)
then I can use dlint.

I would much appriciate if one of you could do a dig
at my server/firewall to see what you come up with.