Bind 9.1.3 stop resolving but is still running.

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 08:05:48 UTC 2001

Chris Adams wrote:

> I haven't had time to try to track this down (and when it happens, it is
> usually a zone that needs to change NOW so I don't have a chance to do
> much debugging).  I do know that it looks like named isn't even looking
> at the zone file's serial number (the access time on the file doesn't
> change when I do a "rndc reload <zone>" or just "rndc reload").

Don't follow, when you do an "rndc reload" it looks at the zone
file metadata to decide if it needs to reload the file, so if
they haven't changed it won't read the file.

Why do you think it needs to access the file on a reload if it
hasn't changed?

Ho about posting the primary masters copy of an offending zone