nsupdate question

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Fri May 11 19:18:35 UTC 2001

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 10:48:11AM +0100, Jim Reid wrote:

>     Shane> Does anyone knoe if there is documentation available on the
>     Shane> new BIND libraries?  Specificly the nsupdate specific
>     Shane> material?
>
> I don't understand why you're looking for an API (=> writing code?) to
> make Dynamic DNS requests. Is there some reason why you can't just use
> the nsupdate program? It has a man page in doc/man/bin.

Well I may just do that but I figured using the API calls
wouls be easier from a C application than opening pipes to
nsupdate.  Further, I would rather handle errors from the
calls rather than parsing nsupdate's -d output.

Thanks for the info.  I will look at some of the include
files and nsupdate itself to see what I can figure out.

Regards,
Shane

Shane Wegner: shane at cm.nu
              http://www.cm.nu/~shane/