Performance Test Metrics for dns server performance.

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed May 9 17:38:25 UTC 2001

At 5:38 PM +0100 5/9/01, Marc Thach Xuan Ky wrote:

>  To conclude, I don't believe that your results are explicable enough for
>  QA, and I think that the first thing to do is to profile the traffic in
>  more detail.

	It strikes me that instead of putting all the test results into a
small number of categories, the tool should instead simply be
returning all results for each query, which then get fed through the
equivalent of a "sort | uniq -c | sort -nr", so that you can see how
many results of which type you got, and make sure that all the
numbers add up.  In other words, there's too much information that is
being thrown away and not summarized in the final report.

>                The question of the "missing" queries must be answerable
>  before you can present results.  Please let us all know, I for one am
>  fascinated.

	I'm interested to see how this turns out, too.  Once we find out
more details about the testing situation, and perhaps can get the
test modified so as to be more transparent (with more variables
accounted for), perhaps we'll better understand just exactly what is
going on and why.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */